Skills on a Ring (SOAR)™ is a set of cards on a ring that include each of the seven National Health Education Skill Standards and sub-skills related to each standard.
SOAR™ provides opportunities for:
- Implementing formative assessments
- Sequencing and progression of skills
- Learning what skills-based health education is
- Understanding how functional knowledge and skills intersect
- Supporting modification and adaptations for different learners
- Observing student growth
- Utilizing more visual tools
- Ensuring differentiation
- Engaging all students in fun and interactive ways
Below are the Middle and High School activity booklets! Feel free to use these skills-based activities with the SOAR™ cards in your classrooms. We are always looking for more ideas, so if you have activities you use in your classroom that we can add to these booklets, please share that with us!